Berera Radiology specialises in musculoskeletal imaging. We have a passion for diagnosing medical conditions of the bones, joints and associated soft tissue. Our state of the art equipment allows us to diagnose conditions using a wide variety of modalities, including x-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI, as well as ultrasound and CT guided injections.
What is an x-ray?
X-rays are used in diagnosing and treating medical conditions. An x-ray, also known as a radiograph, is produced by passing a small amount of radiation through the body to produce an image.
- No preparation is required.
- Please notify the staff if there is any chance that you may be pregnant.
How is an x-ray performed?
- The radiographer will place you in the best position to demonstrate the area being investigated. Several views with repositioning may be required.
How long will it take?
- Most examinations will take less than fifteen minutes.
- The radiologist will report your images and forward the results to your referring doctor.